Are you entitled to the Marriage Allowance?

Do you always  check you have claimed all tax allowances available to you ?

Marriage Allowance lets you transfer £1,060 of your personal allowance to your husband, wife or civil partner.

This reduces their tax by up to £212 in the tax year (6 April to 5 April the next year). To benefit as a couple, you - as the lower earner - need to have an income of £10,600 or less

It is still a little unclear as to whether this can be claimed retrospectively for 2015/16 in a tax return so it is better to register the claim before 5 April if possible.

This is a simple online process and only a 5 minute registration. The link to the registration is as follows;

For more information on this please call Katy Biffen on 01323 720555 or email


Get in touch for a free Consultation Today

Find out more